2627 to 2634, Despising the internecine conflicts and extravagance of House Bijäl, a conspiracy of Senators abolished the Grand-Duchy of Aurice and established an aristocratic republic, inspired in part by the independence of Bryndyd and Amerzcelindo. Aurice returned to its pre-medieval tradition of home rule, looking back to such times as those of Ugorth the Archmage. Chiefest among them were Amasgus Galdimese and Yaven Calchamas. The nobles were inspired in part by the Republic of Johaulia. The revolution is dated from 2627, the year when the Noble Senate abolished the Grandy-Duchy and established the Noble Republic to the year 2634 with the Battle of Kadraskan and the continuity of the office of Lord Governor-General, elected by the Noble Senate.
In official acts of the Senate, the Republican calendar is used rather than the Isxinthion calendar. Thus 2627 is year one. The year 2750 AI is Aurician Republican Calendar Year 124. The Republican Calendar was not intended to replace the Isxinthion Calendar in everyday use for business and most transactions with the government, but is reserved for dating of acts of the Noble Senate and very formal occasions. Years in the Republican system are indicated by ARCY which stands for Aurician Republican Calendar Year]]. To convert any Isxinthion Calendar year to ARCY, simply subtract the value 2626 from it. To convert any ARCY to Isxinthion Calendar, simply add 2626 to it.
Chronology of the Aurician Revolution
- 2626, Grand Duke Rhungast Bijäl poisoned
- 2626, Steborn Hallagunst, Wizard of House Bijäl, Rhoglos Bijäl, heir, Sunasa, and other members of household flee to Agogia with partisans
- 2626 Amísbë Almikkis remains in Aurice and ingratiates herself with the revolutionary dukes
- 2627 Dukes and other nobles decree the abolition of the Grand-Duchy and establish the Noble Republic. The state cult of the Golden Phœnice is conserved.
- 2632 Amísbë murders the Lord Governor-General of Aurice, Yaven Calchamas, and partisans of House Bijäl occupy the Palace
- 2632 Bijälians under the leadership of Steborn Hallagunst return to Aurice with their forces and fight the Senatorial forces in the war known as Amísbë's Revolution. Republican Dukes flee Aurice.
- 2633 Bijälian forces pursue the Republican forces through Goscundy and into Alascundy to the end of the Great Mage Dearth.
- 2634 Battle of Kadraskan, Senatorial forces defeat Bijälian forces. Rhoglos Bijäl and Steborn Hallagunst slain in battle. Stallos Bijäl, grandson of Rhungast, flees from Agogia to Barathorn.
- 2634 Senate exiles some high-profile supporters of the Bijälians and expels others from the Senate, but they keep their rank and office.
- 2634 New Lord Governor-General Elected (House Calchamas)
- Amísbë's Revolution
- Aurician Empire
- Battle of Kadraskan
- Lord Governor-General of Aurice
- List of Lords Governor-General of Aurice
|This article is a stub. It requires further development by the creator.|